Ever had that horrible sinking feeling when you look at a piece of really expensive equipment and see something that might behave more optimally? One that has suddenly acquired symptoms to make you believe that a hefty bill is coming?
In this case my EOS 5D MkII had suddenly acquired bad habits, viz shooting Large JPEGs vs RAW, beeping on autofocus, sRGB vs Adobe, brightness vs RGB histogram, blinkies off etc. I spent ages trying to work out what was going on to make it power on in this perverse state, why my settings would not ‘take’ over a power cycle.
Who’s feeling smug and knows the answer? Well done! Yes I had inadvertently set a custom mode, and once that mode dial was back in Av all was how it should be.
The panic search did point out that firmware 2.0.7 was now current, so to celebrate return to normal, I’ve upgraded.
- Macro and short depth of field
- For want of a nail — a belated review of the TrekPod Go
- Help my menu settings keep vanishing!
- So… What is “Pro” a code for?
- Photo Selection Slideshows
- Eye-Fi vs Shooting Tethered
- YN565 E-TTL Flash Speedlite fails with Canon ST-E2
- Another Speedlight replacement
- Seasonal Toys & Games
- Pixel Wired Off-Camera Extender
- Tethering (Continued)
- New 5D3 with BG-E11, unboxing and first impressions